White Lake property owners are a part of a Special Assessment District to cover the cost of lake services. The district is comprised of approximately 1600 property owners located on, or having deeded access to White Lake in the Townships of White Lake and Highland in Oakland County, Michigan. The Special Assessment is added to the "Winter" tax bill.
This Special Assessment District is managed by the White Lake Improvement Board, which was formed over 30 years ago to improve the water quality of White Lake through managed weed control, dredging, testing, and safety efforts. (White Lake water level maintenance is covered under a different assessment.)
The White Lake Improvement Board membership consists of:
- Highland Township Supervisor - Rick Hamill
- White Lake Township Supervisor - Rik Kowall
- Oakland County Commissioner - Eileen Kowall
- Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner - Ricky DeVisch
- White Lake Citizens League Representative - Chuck Neville
Historical information on rates, public hearings, etc.
2018-2020 assessment rates are as follows:
Click here to view the presentation slides from the Public Hearing explaining the 2018-2020 rates.
- Lakefront properties: $165 per year
- Lake access properties: $20 per year
- Commercial properties: $400 per year
See also Where Does My Money Go? for more information.